shine

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

As usual the weeks are flying in and it's Wednesday already - nearly St. Patrick's weekend! School is going well this week. I had a leaving cert. oral language class yesterday and it went well. We were discussing the benefits of doing Transition Year. Having completed the year myself as it was compulsory in my former school, i think it's a great idea and definitely benefits students in many ways. We also discussed the new proposal by the minister for Education to increase the weighting of the leaving cert. Irish oral to 40% by 2012. I can understand why this proposal is being made. As i am a language teacher i realise the importance of practicing a language. I think Irish is a fantastic language and most definitely should be kept alive! I wonder if the same proposals will be introduced for modern languages?

I have an interview at 12.00 so i'm going to finish up. It will be interesting to hear about the job prospects and opportunities available for teachers in London.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home