shine

Monday, February 26, 2007

Today was my first day back at school after the mid-term break. As we had lectures last week i don't feel like i had a complete break yet it was nice to have no lesson plans to do for a week. I had a good French class today as we completed a quiz on personality tests in French, the students certainly seemed to enjoy it anyway. My German class was another story however. I feel that i spend so much time disciplining students and come out of the class feeling totally drained. Things settled down in the second half of the class and i eventually feel like i got some work covered with the students!

We had a really good guest speaker for Special Educational Needs this evening. The gentleman who gave the talk was enthusiastic, easy to listen to and extremely motivating. What he spoke about in terms of student's abilities to read texts really applied to some of my classes.

We have a busy evening in college tomorrow as we have a number of meetings relevant to finding a job in the future. Hopefully it will be beneficial and will give me some ideas for teaching prospects next year.

I have to head home now as i've a busy few days ahead of me, preparing my SPHE project for Wednesday and my German presentation on Switzerland for Thursday. My Webquest has been put on the long finger until next week, although i did manage to find some useful websites for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home