shine

Saturday, November 11, 2006

This week we had no lectures in college as the block students were out on teaching practice. It was nice to get a break, however i was still really busy trying to work on my Edtech proposal and presentation on Switzerland for my german course. Our group are doing a proposal for a transition year French class. My job is to research and present the curriculum section and i feel that it has given me a good opportunity to learn more about the curricular area .

It was back to school last Monday after the mid-term break and i have to admit i was dreading going into school. It was fine once i got into the swing of things though and the staff room is already full of chat about Christmas holidays. The next few weeks are going to be very busy in the run up to the Christmas holidays in school as i have to prepare Christmas tests and attend parent teacher meetings. The fifth years are going on work experience next week so that will give me some time to prepare their tests in advance.

This week i also starting teaching a sixth year oral French class as part of the ALIVE programme in the school. My job is to attend the class along with the other French teacher and prepare the leaving cert students for their oral exam in March/April. I will rotate between the higher and ordinary level groups every second week. I really enjoyed teaching this class, the students were really focussed and it makes such a difference when you don't have to spend time disciplining a class!

I went to the cinema to see a french film " Le grand voyage " in the townhall as part of the youth film fleadh with the transition year students and my mentor teacher. It was great to have the opportunity to see a French film in the cinema as the occasion rarily arises in Ireland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home