shine

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Roll on second semester

It's been quite a while since i logged into my blog account. Since the end of November i've completed my exams - all went ok apart from psychology. I think we'll get our results next week so i will know my fate for the summer then! I spent two lovely relaxing weeks at home for Christmas. It was really nice to get a break from college and school for a while.

I've been back at school since the 8th of January so at this stage i've settled in to the school routine. I'm expecting a third visit from my supervisor during the next few weeks so fingers crossed all goes well. During our first week back after Christmas all the PGDE students had a meeting with our school principal. She painted a very gloomy outlook for our job prospects in Ireland next year. As a result i'm considering heading to Canada to teach in the French region. The way i see it, it will give me the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. I'll be able to gain some valuable teaching experience and get the chance to do some travelling!

At the moment we are busy doing power point presentations in EdTech. I've found the last few lectures really beneficial as i had not realised there was so much you could add to a power point presentation to make it interesting.

Next week is the start of the second semester for the PGDE and while i am dreading getting results back from the exams, i am looking forward to starting lectures again and catching up with everyone. Block students will be back on campus so it will be interesting to hear how they got on. Heres's to an exciting and successful semester for everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home